CALL FOR 2018 PROPOSALS TBA
On a bi-monthly basis we offer a new combination of instruments or voices to be the subject of a short piece or a vignette (30 seconds to 5 minutes in length). OPUS: TESTING is an experimental safe space to try new things. The object is to encourage musical writers to expand their professional network, and explore new territory in their writing. Participation is voluntary, and any Canadian artist is encouraged to submit proposals. Sessions take place at the CMC in Toronto, and participants can join the workshop remotely through video conferencing.
- Artists are invited to submit a short concept proposal (150 words max) by the submission deadline.
- If possible, please include some sample of your existing work (for example you can send us links to your content on soundcloud, youtube, or you can submit electronic files).
- Participants will be notified within two days of the submission deadline whether their proposal is accepted. Musica Reflecta artistic staff along with the performers for a given assignment will assess proposals.
- After receiving confirmation of your involvement, while you are preparing your piece please be mindful of the restrictions on rehearsal time.
- Technically challenging pieces may be excerpted at the discretion of the performers for the reading.
- We will try to facilitate inclusion of all submissions, but proposals are largely chosen on a first-come first-serve basis.
- All participants are invited to gather for the no-stress reading and discussion. Bring your ears and friends!